Website City of Waco
Street Maintenance Worker
City of Waco
Salary: $12.17 – $19.45 Hourly
Job Number: 2021 -01670
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Public Works
Under basic supervision, performs general labor work in cleaning, maintenance and repair of City streets, roadways and infrastructure for the Public Works Department (PWD).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs unskilled and semiskilled manual labor tasks to maintain and repair streets, roadways and infrastructure; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Operates light and mechanized equipment and performs street cleaning, repair and maintenance tasks; sets up work zone, assists equipment operators as directed and cross-trains in a variety of PWD skills.
• Inspects equipment and tools for proper operating condition; repairs, maintains and adjusts equipment; follows safety precautions in all work performed; reports problems and emergency situations; recognizes, avoids and reports unsafe acts, conditions, accidents and injuries.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Perform other related or assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• City policies and procedures.
• Tools and equipment used in street maintenance.
• Basic traffic control and safety procedures and regulations.
• Closely following verbal and written instructions and procedures and safe work practices.
• Maintaining equipment and small tools in proper operating condition.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• A valid Texas Driver’s License.
• One year of manual labor experience.
• Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2383409
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.