Website City of Waco
Streets Maintenance Worker | Public Works | REQ-1529
Job Family: Field Maintenance
Posting Start Date: 04/15/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Minimum Hourly Rate: $14.00
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm; mandatory overtime and on call as needed.
Primary Duty: Under basic supervision, performs general labor work in cleaning, maintenance and repair of City streets, roadways and infrastructure for the Public Works Department (PWD).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Performs unskilled and semiskilled manual labor tasks to maintain and repair streets, roadways and infrastructure; duties may vary according to job assignment.
· Operates light and mechanized equipment and performs street cleaning, repair and maintenance tasks; sets up work zone, assists equipment operators as directed and cross-trains in a variety of PWD skills.
· Inspects equipment and tools for proper operating condition; repairs, maintains and adjusts equipment; follows safety precautions in all work performed; reports problems and emergency situations; recognizes, avoids and reports unsafe acts, conditions, accidents and injuries.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
· May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
· Perform other related or assigned duties as required.
· Driving is essential.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· City policies and procedures.
· Tools and equipment used in street maintenance.
· Basic traffic control and safety procedures and regulations.
· Closely following verbal and written instructions and procedures and safe work practices.
· Maintaining equipment and small tools in proper operating condition.
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required; AND one year of manual labor experience preferred.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
· A valid Texas Driver’s License is required.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com