Website City of Waco
Traffic Signals Technician – CDL | Public Works | REQ-1528
Job Family: Field Maintenance
Posting Start Date: 04/26/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Minimum Hourly Rate: $15.54
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm; with rotational on call shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
PRIMARY DUTY: Under basic supervision, installs and maintains traffic control signals on City streets.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Installs, repairs and replaces traffic signals according to assigned work orders; tests and cleans systems and components and replaces wiring, fuses, bulbs and other parts.
· Inspects and maintains traffic signal hardware and electric and electronic controllers; checks schematics and diagrams and performs preventive maintenance.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
· May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
· Performs other related or assigned duties as required.
· Driving is essential.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· City policies and procedures.
· Federal and state safety rules and regulations, occupational hazards, safety precautions and work zone traffic control protocols.
· Reading and interpreting plans and work orders.
· Reading wiring schematics, using test equipment and troubleshooting electrical components.
· Programming and monitoring electronic control systems.
· Safe and efficient operation of tools and equipment according to operating and safety procedures.
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required; AND one year of general electrical work experience.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
· A valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License is required within 180 days from the date of hire with a Tanker Endorsement
· International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Traffic Signal Technician certification is required within one year of hire; additional technical training and certifications may be required.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org