Website City of Waco
Utilities Customer Service Representative
City of Waco
Job Number: 2021 -01612
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Water Utilities
Minimum starting salary $15.54 per hour depending on qualifications
Under basic supervision, performs customer service functions for clients of the Water Utility Services Department (WUSD).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides customer services for WUSD clients; processes new customers, payments, service requests, service charges and adjustments in the call center, according to City policies and procedures.
• Prepares records and billing account updates, creates work orders, enters and verifies data, processes documents and transactions, resolves customer service issues and provides special customer services.
• Provides prompt, courteous and accurate service to the public with WUSD services questions, requests for information and complaints in order to maintain positive customer service relations.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Perform other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential
• City policies and procedures.
• City utility billing rules and procedures.
• Principles of record keeping, accounting and bookkeeping and records management.
• Customer service principles and methods.
• City and Microsoft software.
• Federal and state regulations, including applicable FTC and Banking regulations.
• Entering data and numerical information into a computer system with speed and accuracy and maintaining electronic records, files and databases.
• Operating a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized enterprise software.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
• Analyzing problems, resolving disputes and presenting effective solutions.
• Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent and two years’ customer service, call-center or bookkeeping experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• According to the needs of the City, specific training and certifications may be required.
• Previous utility experience
Monday – Friday 7:30am-5:30pm; Mandatory Overtime & On-Call as needed.
Requires exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Major activities performed under normal office conditions
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2433216
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.