Website City of Waco
Utilities Lab Administrative Assistant | Water Utilities | Job Number 2021-01664
Job Family: Office Clerical
Posting Start Date: 07/12/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Starting Minimum Rate: $16.00 per hour
Under close supervision, performs basic technical and administrative support functions for the Water Utility Services Department (WUSD).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Performs basic technical and administrative duties, including data entry, record keeping, preparing and processing documents and maintaining files; receives and processes water samples for testing.
· Provides customer service, information and assistance to WUSD clients.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
· Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
· Driving is essential.
· City policies and procedures.
· Principles of record keeping, case files and records management.
· Customer service principles and methods.
· Entering information into a computer system with speed and accuracy.
· Operating basic office equipment and a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software.
· Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers.
· Providing effective customer service and dealing tactfully and courteously with the public.
· Closely following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· High School Diploma or GED and one year of clerical and customer service experience
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
· Requires exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
· Major activities performed under normal office conditions
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org