Website City of Waco
Utilities Maintenance Worker – CDL | Utilities | Code: REQ-1398
Job Family: Field Maintenance
Posting Start Date: 12/21/2020 | Closing: Open Until Filled
Minimum Hourly Rate: $15.00
Hours: Monday – Friday; 7:00 am – 4:00 pm; Mandatory over-time and on-call as needed
PRIMARY DUTY: Under basic supervision, performs basic unskilled labor tasks in support of the repair and maintenance of water distribution and wastewater collection (W/WW) facilities, equipment and infrastructure for the Waco Water Utility Services Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs general labor work and uses basic tools, vehicles and equipment to assist in the maintenance and repair of W/WW facilities, equipment and infrastructure; follows safety precautions in all work performed; reports problems and emergency situations; performs duties within scope of authority and training; duties may vary depending on job assignment and individual skills.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- Performs other assigned or related duties as required.
- Driving is essential.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
City policies and procedures.
- Closely following verbal and written instructions and procedures and safe work practices.
- Maintaining equipment and small tools in proper operating condition.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
A valid Texas Class A Commercial Driver’s License with a Tanker Endorsement required within 180 days of employment.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com