Website City of Waco
Water Treatment Plant Operator| Utilities| Code: REQ-1348
Job Family: Field Maintenance
Posting Start Date: 11/12/2020 | Closing: Open Until Filled
Minimum Hourly Rate: $15.54
Hours: Sunday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Saturday, 5:00 am – 3:00 pm or 12:00 pm -10:00 pm or 8:00 pm – 6:00 am, mandatory overtime.
PRIMARY DUTY: Under basic supervision, performs a combination of basic and semi-skilled work in the operation of the Water Treatment Plants (WTP) for the Water Utility Services Department (WUSD).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists in the operation of WTP facilities and equipment; performs work in accordance with all quality standards, safety regulations and procedures; duties will vary according to job assignment and skill level.
- Observes and monitors WTP equipment and process control system; cleans, maintains and adjusts equipment and components to meet WTP specifications; collects samples and checks equipment to verify proper operating conditions; maintains records of services performed.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City wide emergency.
- Driving is an essential function of the job.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- City policies and procedures.
- State and Federal laws and regulations governing water plant operations; including Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) standards.
- OSHA safety rules and regulations and safety standards in utility plant environments.
- Reading and interpreting gauges and recording devices.
- Following and maintaining safety standards.
- Closely following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Using a personal computer and specialized software applications.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required; AND six months of process control industry experience. Associates Degree or higher may be substituted for the required experience.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Must obtain a Class D Water License within 1 year from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
- Must obtain a Class C Surface Water License within 2.5 years from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
- According to the needs of the City, additional training and certifications may be required.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
MUST APPLY AT WWW.WORKFORWACO.COM TO BE CONSIDERED
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com