Website City of Waco
Zoo Cleaning Attendant – Seasonal | Zoo | Job Number 2021-01600
Job Family: Seasonal
Posting Start Date: 06/14/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Salary: $10.00 – $11.50 Hourly
Under close supervision, cleans and maintains City buildings and facilities according to safety rules and City quality standards.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Performs custodial and janitorial duties in City facilities; maintains attractive, sanitary and safe facilities for City staff and public; cleans floors, walls and windows using manual and power equipment; empties trash receptacles; moves furniture and equipment; assist with set up and take down of special equipment for zoo events; cleans and disinfects restrooms; sanitizes toilets, sinks and fixtures; restocks restroom supplies; duties may vary according to job assignment.
· Follows all safety rules and regulations and cleans up spills and unsafe conditions in a timely manner; reports safety hazards, equipment problems, repair needs, security issues and emergency situations, including AZA (Association of Zoos and Aquariums) accreditation standards.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
· Often required to work in close proximity to dangerous animals.
· Must be able to work after regular work hours and during Zoo sponsored events.
· Performs other related or assigned duties as required.
· Driving is essential.
· City policies and procedures.
· Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in facilities maintenance.
· Safe work practices, occupational hazards and safety precautions in public facilities.
· AZA accreditation standards.
· Using basic tools in a safe and effective manner.
· Following verbal and written instructions and procedures, including proper use and storage of chemicals
· Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· No specific educational and experience requirements.
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent and some related work experience.
· Requires exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org