Website City of Waco
Zoo Maintenance Worker | Zoo | Job Number 2021-01599
Job Family: Field Maintenance
Posting Start Date: 06/14/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Salary: $10.50 – $12.00 Hourly
Under basic supervision, performs grounds maintenance functions for the City Zoo.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Performs a variety of grounds maintenance tasks at City Zoo; maintains and repairs landscaped areas, trims trees and bushes, removes litter and debris; cleans up spills and unsafe conditions; sets up and tears down equipment and facilities for special events; duties may vary according to job assignment.
· Repairs and maintains irrigation systems; applies herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers and other chemicals.
· Maintains the appearance and safety of Cameron Park Zoo grounds and facilities by performing a variety of service and/or maintenance work including, but not limited to: HVAC, cement work, welding, plumbing, carpentry, pump and filtration systems, and painting.
· Maintains the appearance and safety of public areas by: leveling and adding cushion material and painting and performing minor repairs to tables, seats, bleachers, signs, playground equipment and educational graphics
· Maintains the safe and efficient operation of equipment by: sharpening blades; performing basic maintenance such as oiling parts, replacing filters, replenishing gasoline and oil, and repairing or replacing worn or damaged parts.
· Prepares rooms, buildings, and grounds for special events by: setting up chairs, tables, fences, stages, lighting, sets, and sound equipment.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
· Performs other duties as required or assigned.
· Driving is essential
· City policies and procedures.
· Materials, tools and equipment used in grounds and landscape maintenance and repair.
· Proper use and storage of hazardous chemicals used in the workplace.
· Federal and state safety rules and regulations and safety precautions in public facilities.
· Operating and maintaining tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
· Following and maintaining safety standards.
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
· Requires exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com