Website Communities In Schools of the Heart of Texas
This position will be responsible for overseeing the daily operation of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act youth services and intensive case management of WIOA youth customers. This position will be responsible for recruiting a new caseload of primarily Out of School Youth that are requiring assistance with employment and/or their High School Equivalency (HSE/GED), college entry, or entrance into vocational training programs. This position will serve primarily in McLennan County however travel may be required to surrounding counties, as necessary.
Completes youth intake paperwork and implements WIOA youth programming for Out-of-School Youth and In-School Youth. This position is responsible for recruiting the designated caseload, assessing students to determine eligibility and providing and coordinating appropriate services such as career counseling; group work; job readiness skills, resource referrals, resume writing, interviewing etc. Ensures complete and accurate data entry and documentation throughout the year. Attends meetings, trainings, and other required functions of both CIS-HOT and funder. Assists in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships throughout the community.
· At least one (1) year of experience in case management services (may also include internship).
· Experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds including youth who are homeless, involved in the criminal justice system, are pregnant/parenting, and youth with disabilities.
· Familiarity with processing software programs, such as Microsoft Office and case management software, such as TWIST.
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan and implement social service programs.
· Effective case management skills including intervention, advocacy, and negotiation competencies.
· Excellent writing and oral presentation skills required.
· Must complete and clear Criminal Background Check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org