The Dr Pepper Museum & Free Enterprise Institute (Museum)
Position Announcement: Communications Manager
The Museum is accepting applications for the position of Communications Manager. Under the direction of the Director of Development & Communications, this team member will is responsible for internal and external communications, marketing, and PR for both the Museum and Enterprise entities.
- Ability to create, implement, and manage a robust marketing plan.
- Create and distribute a monthly email newsletter on a deadline.
- Communicate effectively to staff and visitors through a variety of channels.
- Communicate and foster relationships with the media and appear on television/radio/print as needed.
- Create multimedia content for social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok. Foster relationships with followers through authentic interactions.
- Ensure consistency and excellence in all visual branding. Graphic design experience required.
- Attend community meetings and networking events as a representative of the Museum.
- Assist in the promotion, branding, implementation, and documentation of all events and promotions.
- Create and order graphic and print materials for all Museum departments.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple calendars, schedules, projects, and deadlines – excellent organizational skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Problem solving skills and ability to use sound judgement and tact.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the Museum team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, MailChimp).
- Basic video editing and content creation skills. Experience with Premiere Pro and Canva required.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop required.
- Must be available to work some holidays, weekends, and evenings as needed.
- This position requires a moderate amount of physical exertion including, but not limited to carrying boxes, picking up/lifting signs, etc. up to 40 pounds.
- The Dr Pepper Museum requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and must have their first shot to begin work (or one J&J shot) and have 45 days to be fully vaccinated after they begin work.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must have a current, valid Texas driver license.
Compensation / Benefits
- Full-time, non-exempt position.
- 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, with occasionally required holidays, evenings, and weekends.
- $18.00 per hour.
- Occasional overtime hours allowed by discretion of the Director.
- Benefits include the opportunity for the following coverages:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Basic group term life insurance
- Voluntarily added term life insurance
- Paid time leave / Holiday leave
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and three (3) professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com