Oversees the development, process and/or design requirements for equipment and manufacturing processes for the production of existing nickel-cadmium and battery electrode plates, cells, and batteries involving electro-chemical and mechanical principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develops and designs the requirements and associated processes for the manufacturing of vented cell plates, cells, and batteries for aircraft applications based on calculations, process definition and validation, prototypes, tests, confirmation of tooling/dies, router review and the use of strict analysis, statistics and comparative data to optimize every facet of the battery making functions.
· Leads and performs test and research on plates, cells, and batteries for development, new designs, qualification testing, associated process(es) and product integrity validation; interprets and evaluates all results with respect to both established and/or “newly designed” or “to be designed products.”
· Provides the technical writing support of qualification test plans, performs testing as needed for qualification; leads signoff on reports, prior to any senior management signoff.
· Provides the technical writing support of manufacturing specifications and process requirements; monitors process activities of both, Operations and Quality, to assure process and product integrity, as well as monitoring training activities/training records and process audits, to ensure both satisfy established Company process and associated outside audit requirements; co-ownership with the Quality Department of all process integrity requirements.
· Supplies information for use by the CAD design functions, and approves final process drawings and specifications; leads individual in the planning and control of the documentation of processes and relevant product specifications and requirements.
· Coordinates technical interface with the customers, system engineering, engineering projects, operations or others, to ensure and validate the methods, processes, products, and Company value drivers are meeting requirements—all supported by valid data, test, documentation and inspection criteria/documentation.
· Coordinates projects with outside testing labs.
· Contributes expertise as needed with all Power Product activities—including design, production support, battery productivity projects, customer interface, dealing with non-conforming material, qualification testing, new business development, or any other task as assigned.
· Complies with and conducts business in accordance with the letter, spirit, and intent of all relevant laws and regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions; wherefore, refrains from any illegal, dishonest, unethical conduct. Maintains communications with all employees, vendors, customers and others in a cooperative and professional manner, while treating them with dignity, respect and courtesy, leading with validated data and proven processes and practices.
· Performs other related duties as required and may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Critical Skills and Abilities:
o Must possess exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities, and be comfortable and fully capable of dealing with non-verbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases, starting at the raw material and ending at the finished product.
o Must possess the ability to be comfortable with a variety of abstract and concrete variables, both technical and business related, to lead to the final optimized conclusions.
o Must possess and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
o Must be a ‘hands-on’ type individual, with the ability to interface on the shop floor, along with senior leadership and customers—all equally well.
o Must possess effective written and oral communication skills, to communicate with both internal and external peers, customers, suppliers, and management.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, and/or EXPERIENCE
· Education/Work Experience:
o Masters of Science degree in Chemical Engineering or other similar discipline and minimum of three to five (3-5) years’ experience in processes used to manufacture Nickel-Cadmium, Lithium-Ion batteries or other related Electro-Chemical systems; or
o Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering and seven (7) years related experience.
· In addition, must possess the following personality traits and experience:
o Strong battery product knowledge.
o Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows interface, Microsoft Office package (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
o Diligent in-depth research background adeptness.
o Ability to lead by example with a hands-on attitude, while directing and mentoring other employees through proven planning, process, technical and business analysis.
o U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or otherwise able to review all export controlled technical information.
· The following experience would be welcomed:
o Designing and/or qualifying products for Aerospace, Military, or other high-reliability industries.
o Experience with environmental regulations, permitting, and reporting.
o Industrial wastewater knowledge in the removal of battery metals and related chemicals.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to vapors, gases, fumes, and/or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
· Occasional travel to customers, vendors, or outside testing lab locations may be required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org