Website MarathonNorco Aerospace, Inc.
MarathonNorco Aerospace, Inc.
The core capability for this position is applying principles of cost accounting to conduct studies, providing detailed costs and other inventory information not supplied by general accounting systems. This position is a lead into becoming the Accounting Manager, and ultimately, the site Vice President of Finance. The applicant must have the drive, fundamental skills, and the inherent desire for leadership responsibility to become considered for the Vice President of Finance position within three years. The applicant must be skilled in performing the following duties as the Cost Accounting Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Maintains and updates the Company’s standard cost system through reviewing and analyzing the bill of materials and associated routers.
· Provides management with reports specifying factors affecting prices and profitability of products through the maintenance of the current cost system.
· Records, reviews, and investigates actual manufacturing costs, and prepares monthly reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
· Investigates and analyzes scrap, usage, and purchase price variance on a monthly basis.
· Analyzes differences between budgeted and actual spend.
· Responsible for planning, coordinating, and oversees the Company’s cycle counting policy.
· Maintains, updates, and records all transactions concerning the fixed asset system.
· Reports all necessary methods of depreciation for the varying taxing authorities.
· Assists in month end close of the general ledger.
· Updates and reports Quarterly Pay-for-Performance (PFP) calculations.
· Complies with and conducts business in accordance with the letter, spirit, and intent of all relevant laws and regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions; wherefore, refrains from any illegal, dishonest, unethical conduct. Maintains communications with all employees, vendors, customers and others in a cooperative and professional manner, while treating them in with dignity, respect and courtesy.
· Performs other related duties as required and may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, and/or EXPERIENCE
· Education: Bachelor’s degree (BBA) in Accounting is required. A Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) completed or in progress is preferred.
· Work Experience: Five (5) or more years related experience in manufacturing cost accounting. Public accounting experience is preferred.
· Certification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) license is preferred.
In addition, this position requires:
· Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows interface, Microsoft Office package (Outlook, Word, Excel), along with knowledge in MAPICS and/or similar system(s).
· Strong written and verbal communication / presentation skills.
· Exceptional leadership, analytical and problem solving skills, exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others throughout the organization.
· This position must meet “US Person” Export Control compliance requirements, as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15, which includes: US Citizen, US National, Legal Permanent Resident, Asylee, or Refugee.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org