Supervises and coordinates activities of the production processes and workers of one or more manufacturing departments. Assures continuity of the department’s productivity through assessments of the output in relation to the production schedule, quality standards, and cost structure. Requires communication and coordination with all departments/shifts within product line, as well as other support departments. Responsible for the direction and control of the department’s personnel, efficient and safe use of equipment and materials required to manufacture the product, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develops plans for the assigned department(s) in view of the schedules, personnel requirements, and materials to achieve the established production schedules.
· Assigns and maintains workflow, checks progress of workflow, quality of work performed, and assures compliance with productions schedules.
· Investigates production problems and/or machine malfunctions and determines corrective action. Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
· Coordinates departmental activities with material control, production planning, engineering, and maintenance. Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
· Inspects products to verity conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines. Interprets specifications, blueprints, job orders, and assigns duties to workers.
· Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job order assignments. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiencies of department or work groups.
· Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals. Trains employees in their production activities.
· Handles employee production inefficiencies or disciplinary problems; make recommendations on discharge or other disciplinary actions, transfers, promotions, and any other changes in employee status in accordance with established policy.
· Maintains time, attendance, and production records. Performs estimates and recommends requisitions of supplies, equipment, and materials.
· Interprets Company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations and good housekeeping. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate employees to achieve work goals.
· Complies with and conducts business in accordance with the letter, spirit, and intent of all relevant laws and regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions; wherefore, refrains from any illegal, dishonest, unethical conduct. Maintains communications with all employees, vendors, customers and others in a cooperative and professional manner, while treating them in with dignity, respect and courtesy.
· Performs other related duties as required and may be assigned.
· Supervises assigned direct reports, and occasionally other department employees, as needed.
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Education: BS Degree in Engineering (Chemical preferred), Manufacturing Technology, or closely related discipline.
· Work Experience: Four (4) years applied supervisory experience and/or training.
· Or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
In addition, this position requires:
· Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows interface, Microsoft Office package (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and databases.
· Strong written and verbal communication / presentation skills.
· Exceptional leadership and decision making skills, exhibiting a professional manner in dealing with others, with the ability to work in a team environment across multi-department organization.
· Familiarity with chemical processes, wastewater treatment systems, FAA, OSHA, EPA, and related state and federal regulations.
· U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or otherwise able to review all export controlled technical information.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com