Website MarathonNorco Aerospace, Inc.
Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality requirements and standards for processes, materials, and manufacturing of products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develops, applies, and maintains quality standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation. Develops quality inspection plans (Quality Planning), and quality metrics directly related to product quality and quality system (internal and external).
· Possesses the ability to work and interface effectively with Sales and Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Procurement, Suppliers, Customers and Government Representatives.
· Reviews documentation related to internal and external manufacturing processes, to ensure quality products are delivered to the customer.
· Participates as an active member of the Material Review Board, which includes dispositioning non-conforming product, identifying proper containment, along with identification of root cause/corrective action to prevent recurrence.
· Assists the department in the development and maintenance of the Company’s quality standards, process standards and work instructions per AS9100.
· Performs internal and external assessments of processes and procedures to ensure compliance to specifications, engineering drawings, procedures, AS9100 Standard, and FAA regulations.
· Develops quality inspection plans (Quality Planning), working with the quality team for inspection and testing.
· Designs and develops sampling procedures for evaluating and documenting, quality and reliability data.
· Ability to support and/or lead teams to develop or drive improvements to existing supply chain.
· Establishes processes and procedures to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment/facilities.
· Possesses production operation knowledge and experience related to customer requirements, manufacturing, engineering and inspection.
· Understands the nature of non-destructive test methods (liquid penetrant, x-ray, mag particle, etc.), along with Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T) methods.
· Possesses the knowledge and ability to support Nadcap and the special processing of material: anodize, plating, DFL, heat treat, welding, etc.
· Performs other related duties as required and may be assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, and/or EXPERIENCE
· Education: Bachelor’s Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
· Work Experience: Five (5) or more years aerospace applied experience and/or training in quality systems, ISO9001, AS9100 or FAA.
· Or two year degree plus equivalent combination of education and experience.
In addition, this position requires:
· Excellent PC skills utilizing ERP systems (MAPICS) MS Office, Excel, Access, Word, and Visio.
· Thorough understanding of AS9100 quality systems, FAA/EASA regulations, and Nadcap special processes.
· Experience with PPAP/FAIR’s and NPI/APQP is desirable.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
· Knowledge of configuration and data management.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with demonstrated presentation skills.
· Must work well in a team environment and commit to driving continuous improvement.
· Utilizes standard inspection and measuring equipment.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering specifications.
· SPC experience and skills (implementation and experience is a plus).
· Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques, and documentation.
· Familiarity with FAA, OSHA, EPA, and related state and federal regulations.
· Proficient in root cause/corrective action analysis and auditing methodology.
· This position must meet “US Person” Export Control compliance requirements, as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15, which includes: US Citizen, US National, Legal Permanent Resident, Asylee, or Refugee.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee is occasionally required to walk and move about the facility, sit, and talk or hear.
· The employee may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Required to pass visual acuity exam (with or without corrective lenses) and other visual testing requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org