Website MarathonNorco Aerospace, Inc.
Plans, coordinates, and directs Quality Assurance programs, to ensure the conformance of quality products is consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates and direct reports. The individual will be a success-oriented leader, manager, and hands-on individual — an individual who wants to assume a strong leadership role and demonstrates by actions, a passion for his/her role in leadership within the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develops and analyzes statistical data, processes, procedures, and product specifications to validate customer requirements and Company standards/requirements are met. Formulates and maintains Quality Control objectives complementary to corporate policies, corporate goals, customer requirements, and the applicable requirements of the agencies.
· Creates and implements inspection criteria and procedures. Ensures processes and procedures comply with Quality System requirements, both internal and external customer imposed, as well as ensuring the documentation controls are appropriate to meet or exceed the regulatory requirements.
· Leads and manages internal and external audits to ensure compliance with Company policies. For any non-conformity identified from previous internal and external audits or other, isolates the problems and implements appropriate root cause and corrective action, consistent with the documented process of MNAI.
· Interprets and leads by example the Quality Control philosophy for all personnel. Leads and conducts management review(s) of the quality system as necessary. Individual responsible for preparing the organization for AS9100 / NADCAP (chemical processing/heat treat) audits and/or other regulatory or supplier audits as required.
· Supervises and directs all staff and other workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products, along with working with DCMA representatives to meet DCMA requirements as required, as well ensuring employees are trained in compliance with Company policies.
· Coordinates objectives and processes in parallel with production procedures, to ensure engineering, manufacturing and other departmental managers optimize product reliability, minimize costs, and produce a quality product the first time, every time.
· Responsible for providing the inspection activities for all products throughout the Company’s production cycle. Ensures inspection processes are efficient and productive through applicable KPI’s and performance of internal audits as required. Investigates and addresses customer issues regarding quality. Follows-up on, and closes, pending preventive and corrective action requests.
· Applies Total Quality Management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes within each department. Assists the Company management team and provides Quality Assurance support as necessary.
· Works with suppliers to ensure the quality expected and contracted for has been met on all products delivered. Works with customers (internal and external) to ensure Quality procedures meet customer requirements.
· Designs and implements the necessary Quality Control training programs for key personnel in conjunction with department managers. The individual leads the Quality Management team within organization. [DL1] Continues to validate and ensure adequate procedures are in place, ensuring equipment calibration is consistent with the requirements.
· In conjunction with the Facility Department, ensures preventative maintenance is on the forefront, and all associated equipment are managed with preventative maintenance and associated calibration in a planned fashion.
· Complies with and conducts business in accordance with the letter, spirit, and intent of all relevant laws and regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions; wherefore, refrains from any illegal, dishonest, unethical conduct. Individual maintains clear and concise communications with all employees, vendors, customers and others in a cooperative and professional manner, while treating them with dignity, respect and courtesy.
· Performs other related duties as required and may be assigned.
· Capable of taking direction at a “conceptual level,” and translating that into specific strategies and actions, to be accomplished within the organization and in conjunction with other functions.
· Acts as a “player-coach,”– willing to take on projects personally while coaching, developing, and mentoring team members – enabling them to take on greater levels of responsibility.
· Exhibits a high degree of personal accountability, with the ability to drive this high level of accountability across team, by setting clear expectations with regular follow-up and corrective action.
· Manages the activities and the employees within the Quality Assurance group, in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing applicable employee issues.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field.
· Ten (10) years’ experience in aerospace quality systems, ISO9001, AS9100, NADCAP, FAA certification – DMIR / DAR preferred, along with FAA Parts 145 / 21 and DCMA experience.
· Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Ability to comprehend oral and graphic instructions or technical information, and write simple documentation and correspondence.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to assembly workers, supervisors, engineers, inspectors and certification officials, customers, and other employees of the organization.
· Knowledge of mechanical and/or power supply assemblies and problem diagnosis at the component piece level.
· Ability to identify technical problems, evaluate and select available options for solutions and to carry out instructions furnished. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and interpret engineering specifications.
· Knowledge of Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques, FAA inspection requirements.
· Applied experience with Quality “Culture Change Programs” and training desired.
· This position must meet “US Person” Export Control compliance requirements, as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15, which includes: US Citizen, US National, Legal Permanent Resident, Asylee, or Refugee.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com