WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The dispatcher is responsible for the daily dispatch operations of drivers within the region and all outbound DSC (Distribution Service Center) loads. The dispatcher assigns drivers times for outbound loads and coordinates the pick up times for back haul shipments. The dispatch operation must be controlled consistently within budgetary guidelines, company policy, and D.O.T. regulations.
Major tasks include:
• Participate in all phases of the pick up and delivery operation including customer service, productivity, quality freight handling, and claims prevention
• Maintain a high degree of customer interaction through the scheduling of customer deliveries and receiving of pick up requests
• Implement action plans to address customer service concerns involving deliveries
• Performs administrative and data entry procedures on the system
• Must supervise fleet assets to ensure maximum utilization and cost effectiveness
• Must be able to utilize various computer programs to service the fleet; including but not limited to TMW, AWCS and People net
• Interview and contribute to the screening process of potential drivers
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status
• High school diploma or GED certificate is required
Must have previous experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point or Access)
Prior experience working in a dispatch/logistics
Previous dispatch supervisory/managerial experience
Good communication skills
Good interpersonal skills
Have good organizational skills and be detail oriented
Must have ability to multi-task
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
This position will be working an overnight shift.
Minimum starting pay = $55,000
To apply for this job please visit sherwin.taleo.net.