WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is responsible for a variety of custodial tasks in housekeeping and minor maintenance of the DSC/warehouse (Distribution Service Center). Duties are routine, requiring some degree of independent judgment in making minor decisions and other duties as assigned. The employee is required to work the shift that is assigned which could include day, evening, or night shifts. May occasionally be asked to work on weekends or holidays. Our fast-paced DSC operation is built on teamwork, flexibility, and personal integrity. We count on our employees to adapt and embrace change in order to meet, and ideally surpass, business goals.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
· Encourage a safe work environment by modeling a positive, safety mindset and motivating employees to follow all safety and company policies
· Leaker and spill cleanup as directed
· Custodial tasks in housekeeping
· Operation of the site scrubber machine
· Maintain housekeeping standards as required
· Must be able to communicate and work cooperatively with coworkers.
· Ability to be at work on a regular basis as required for the length of the project.
· Ability to perform the required physical activities in the work environment safely.
· Attention and accuracy to detail.
· Coordination and monitoring of manpower and timeliness for the Relabel department.
· Keep managers informed of shift progress and events
· Encourage a safe work environment by modeling a positive, safety mindset and motivating employees to follow all safety and company policies.
· Ensuring recyclable materials are recycled properly (compactor)
· Participation towards completion of other related tasks and duties as directed or needed
Must be able to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English
Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment work visa status
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must have access to reliable transportation
Must be able to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
Must be able to lift 40-15 lbs. frequently and 50-100 lbs. occasionally with or without reasonable accommodation
The successful candidate must also pass a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
Experience operating stationary power equipment such as palletizers, conveyors, hoists and stackers, mills or farm/construction equipment
Experience operating mobile power equipment such as lift trucks, tow motors or pallet handling equipment, order pickers, high lifts, fork lifts, or cherry pickers
Experience using computers for picking tickets and order entry (key boarding, data entry, scanners, bar code readers, etc.)
Previous work experience in a Sherwin-Williams manufacturing or distribution facility
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Schedule: Night Shift, Monday-Friday, 11 PM to 7 AM.
Pay Rate: $14.60
To apply for this job please visit sherwin.taleo.net.