Trane Technologies is a climate innovator
At Trane Technologies we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
The Maintenance Technician II is responsible for the maintenance of machinery and auxiliary equipment. He/She will engage in the repair of automated computerized machine controls, and repair and maintain machines, equipment, buildings and grounds.
- Makes major electrical, mechanical, and construction repairs and installation involving schematics and/or blueprint interpretation
- Troubleshoots drive related issues to component level of controllers
- Determines root cause of failures and recommends preventive actions. Communicates same through work order system comments/history.
- Communicates consistently with internal customers regarding status of equipment in shop.
- Advises supervisor of needs for outside services and works with service representatives on equipment and controls repair and installation. Shows competency in several crafts and performs handyman aspects in all trades.
- Constructs sketches of mechanical or construction alterations/installations and electrical circuitry.
- Prepares bills of material on jobs requiring major material use and initiates purchase requisitions.
- Makes day to day work-related decisions.
- Uses various material handling equipment such as hoists, carts, lifts, fork trucks and hand trucks in moving light to heavy weight material.
- Uses a variety of lock-out/tag-out devices as required per plant LOTO Plan.
- High School Diploma required or GED equivalent required.
- Degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with Industrial Machinery preferred.
- Three (3) plus years of experience in Maintenance is preferred, but not required.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Basic electrical skills.
- Comprehension of schematics/blueprints.
- Knowledge of Hydraulic/pneumatic systems desirable.
- Self-starter and motivated to maintain building/machines to 100% uptime via strong preventative activities.
- Willingness to change, flex and learn, Self-motivated, work pride, Innovative, Customer focused, Critical thinking
- Mechanical Aptitude, Basic Computer Skills and Standard Work Adherence
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.tranetechnologies.com.