Website YMCA of Central Texas
- Provides swimming and water safety instruction to students of all ages and abilities.
- Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate, and consistent with YMCA values.
- Helps to create new approaches to serve the needs of program participants
- Adheres to program standards, including safety and cleanliness standards, and ensures consistency with evidence-based practices.
- Maintains constant supervision of student(s), identifies students who need assistance, and supports students as necessary to ensure a positive learning environment
- Attends staff meetings and trainings
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergencies
- Maintains positive relationships with parents and caregivers and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Maintain accurate records as required, including class participation documents.
- Basic life support or professional rescuer CPR/AED, first aid, and emergency oxygen administration certifications and child abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- YMCA Swim Instructor certification or equivalent.
- Private Swim Instructor, two years’ experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize class participants who may need assistance
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and remedy hazardous and dangerous situations
- Demonstrated ability to swim in shallow and deep water and tread water
- Patience and the ability to communicate with all ages and levels of students, parents and caregivers, and other Y staff and volunteers
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
Waco Family Y
6800 Harvey Drive
Waco, Texas 76710
Email application request to: HR@ymcactx.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org