Website YMCA of Central Texas
- Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows and reviews all emergency procedures. Responds to emergency situations, immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and the “safe-in-six” model; completes related reports as required.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies, and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area
- Remains calm and objective when under pressure or when challenged by others.
- Maintains accurate records as required by the Aquatics Director, YMCA, and health department code.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving for shift.
- Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard certification or equivalent.
- Current Basic Life support or professional rescuer CPR/AED, first aid, and emergency oxygen administration certifications.
- Must be 16 years or older.
- Child abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Ability to maintain certification-level physical and mental readiness.
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com