The Sports Official officiates assigned games and assists with the operations of assigned leagues and programs. Responsible for courteous relations with all members, program participants and visitors.
- Officiate all assigned games.
- Know and follow all rules and regulations for each sport program.
- Keep playing areas safe and clear of obstructions during game times.
- Take part in demonstration, clinics or exhibition games, as needed.
- Serve as scorekeeper, as needed.
- Must be able to supervise and work positively with large groups.
- Facilitate positive relationships with participants and staff.
- Assist in set-up and take-down of sports equipment as needed.
- Follow and enforce all facility rules and regulations.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes before shift starts and be prepared, if closing, stay until last participant is gone.
- Be ready to initiate activities, participate in activities and interact with participants.
- Maintain appropriate records as required by Director.
- Know emergency procedures and report accidents or injuries and complete reports as required.
- Act as a positive role model while implementing YMCA character development and following the four core values of Caring, Honesty, Responsibility, and Respect.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be knowledgeable of the rules and regulation of organized sport.
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional presence when handling stressful or difficult situations.
- Sports Chapter Certification and prior officiating experience is preferred.
- Weekend availability is required.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- CPR/ First Aid Certification required within 30 days of hire.
Waco Family Y
6800 Harvey Drive
Waco, Texas 76710
Email application request to: HR@ymcactx.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org